At Woodsetton our vision is to be a school that works proactively with families and other agencies, to value each individual child, their voice and their aspirations; ensuring we provide the personalised stepping stones they need to succeed and celebrate each achievement along the way.
Our mission is structured around our 5 key rights for each child which relate to communication, learning, behaviour, friendship and community.
We aim to:
- provide a total communication environment that encourages independence and values the choices and opinions of each individual.
- offer personalised provision that uses the child's EHCP to tailor our approach, removing barriers and offering challenge and next steps.
- work within an environment that is safe, provides boundaries and routine and which promotes well-being and positive mental health.
- encourage interaction and integration, developing a sense of individuality and an understanding of others.
- utilise the environment and community around us, offering opportunities for application and real life learning whilst teaching responsibility and accountability.
Our Core Values, Behaviours and Attributes
At Woodsetton we use the three Es when deciding what our core values should be.
Ensure (These are non-negotiable for all)
Honesty, Equality, Responsibility
Enable (These are the values and behaviours we ask our staff to model)
Patience, Courage, Determination
Encourage (These are the attributes we support our children to develop)
Happiness, Independence, Confidence